Apparently I have a temper.
I was accused of having no patience with inanimate objects. In my defense, I calmly used scissors and did not rip open a bag of berries. I thought I was making progress by using scissors! Apparently, if I had took the time to read the instructions I would have seen the note in regards to the ziplock component on the bag. OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! Does it really matter in the grand scheme of things?
There is NO ONE on the planet who has infinite patience. I save my patience for my little wee clients and for my children. Frozen berries are fair game in my books. It is not as if I took a torch to the bag or drove over it with the car. Nor did I throw the bag off the deck. I stayed calm, opened the drawer, reached for the scissors and calmly cut the bag top off. Do I care you had to put the berries in a new ziplock lock bag? NO! Be thankful we HAD ziplock bags in the house that you could use.
In the past when I have had temper tantrum , I end up frustrated and growling. That happens few and far between now. Shut up, it does too!
Let’s take a look at the possible reasons for my abrupt calm scissor “temper tantrum” .
- I grew up in a house that didn’t have scissors in the kitchen – teeth were the tool of choice when opening a bag, quite frankly VERY effective!
- Teachers as a rule can’t follow instructions, only give instructions. Genetic predisposition.
- I have pneumonia and short of breath, patience for reading is nil when the air is restricted.
- I am an adult and can make my own rules in the kitchen
- I may have been daydreaming about Tiffany’s
- I had received a tweet from the NHL asking me to enter a contest to have Mark Messier come to a Stanley Cup Party at my HOUSE. MARK MESSIER IN MY HOUSE! (I need to win that contest!!!)
- I saw a picture on FB of blossoms on trees – freaking snow is ALMOST gone here – almost
- I was thinking Pipa’s dress was nicer than Kate’s
- I was missing Genetic Offspring because he was in Calgary
- I am my Father’s Daughter
There you have it, all excellent reasons for my so-called temper tantrum. FYI The berries were delicious.