In May of 1988, I had my diploma in hand and my eyes were filled with starry eyed ambition. I had just graduated from college – the first time – and I had a great job lined up. I was ready to face challenges and change the world. Looking back at my first day of teaching and all the subsequent days in between, there are phrases I hear myself say that I never EVER expected I would ever need to say at work. This is another edition of the Edmonton Tourist’s Top 11.
I would like to dedicate this blog to Barbie Arm.
The Edmonton Tourist’s Top 11 things I never thought I would say at work…yet I do.
11. Take your hands OUT of your pants please
10. I don’t want to hear what your poop looks like, tell your mom
9. Markers do not go in our nose
8. When you wear a dress, remember to wear underwear
7. Put your penis away
6. Pull your pants up, I don’t want to look at your bum
5. Take your shoe out of your mouth
4. We pee in the toilet, not on the floor
3. I don’t want to smell your hands
2. When our body makes a sound, we say “excuse me”
And the #1 thing I NEVER EVER Thought I would have to say at work
1. It is NOT OKAY to lick your friends nose
How was your day?