There has been some serious rainfall here. While other parts of the world are experiencing extreme heat, I pulled on a hoody and warm socks to stay inside. There was a time I would have bare feet from April to October. Not this year. The snow was over my head in winter, and I get wetter walking outside than I do swimming in the summer. I can list a million reasons why this summer bites. However, that isn’t helping my quest to show more gratitude and be more thankful. So the up side is?
- Dragonflies are HUGE!
- Grass is very green!
- The berries are extra juicy!
- The air smells fresh!
- The clover is gorgeous!
- There is lots of water in the river, creeks, bogs, sloes and ponds!
- (This is getting REALLY HARD!) Falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof is soothing!
- Saving money on not watering the lawn!
- You can play “Pooh Sticks” in the street!
- I didn’t have to set up my pool this year (or last year)
- You can always find a picnic table for Friday night family picnics
- There are NO crowds at Capital X (the fair grounds)
- Alex Tagliani got to rest today – The Indy was a rain out
- The rain barrel is full.
The rainbows and evening skies have been beautiful and there have been cold weather funnel warnings. As hard as I try to be grateful, would a little more sun hurt? Please?