I have an announcement to make. Ehhh hemmm.
What does this mean? My blogging buddy Chef AKA Midnight Chef Presented me with this award and I HONORED and thrilled and overwhelmed! I have got my press kit together and I am waiting for the phone calls to start ringing! It’s been and week….what the? Where is the fan fare? Where is the Ticker Tape Parade? Where are the Tiffany boxes filled with presents? I like presents! When is all of this going to start? Do I get a plaque? A Trophy? Maybe a medal to wear around my neck?
I am starting to feel ripped off. I think this is a fake award. One of those “blogger chains” to generate traffic. That’s ok, I like traffic and I like Chef. Chef is a homie, you know, a peep from the Old Country – Edmonton. She now lives in Texas. Not sure why. She hates the heat. I think it has something to do with her husband working there. Or that’s where her house is, or something like that.
If this is a REAL Award, then why haven’t the people from the Arnold Liebster Foundation contacted me? Why was it just Chef…no offense Chef, but I’m not sure you are connected with the ALF, because if you were, I am sure you would have dropped that into the conversation at some point. Chef did mention that there are RULES to this award…WTF? I have to follow rules? I am not very good at that part, so show them to me and I will break some of them.
Upon acceptance of receiving this prestigious award you must:
1. Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Blog Award and link them on your blog.
2. Copy and paste the award on your blog.
3. Mention 5 other blogs worthy of the Liebster Blog Award.
4. Leave a comment on the 5 blogs to let them know that they have received the Liebster Blog Award.
Huh. It’s a pretty bossy award. Well, well, well….
I did 1 and 2 already. I’ll do 3. but if I link them – they will know they won. It adds an element of surprise to the whole affair. Surprises are nice…usually. I like the kind that come in a blue box with a white ribbon…not that I have ever HAD that kind of surprise, so I wouldn’t know. I can only imagine it would be nice. Then there are those surprises that are not as wonderful…like the time when my brother found a chewed piece of gum in the bottom of his juice glass when we went to a pancake breakfast at church. THAT wasn’t a nice surprise. Well…I found it funny only because I am his sister. He didn’t enjoy the surprise much. True Story.
Now, I would usually nominate some old favorites like Mark My Words, Adventure and insight, Brown Road Chronicles but everyone knows I love them already. In fact if you check out my blog roll or the “blogs I like to read but didn’t write”, then you can see all the ones I love. Since Those fellas win EVERY STINKING AWARD POSSIBLE – and for good reason – I am going to give this award to blogs I love that I have recently discovered and those that have been away for a while but have come back to the blogging world.
And the nominees are (in no particular, not even alphabetical):
1. Another Goal Setter She is an inspiration and an amazing human being. I love her to bits and we have become good friends. Read her stuff!
2. Built for Comfort Not Speed He is very funny, albeit odd. I credit this blog for getting me off my ass and into the Edmonton Half Marathon.
3.The Mind Slam One of the nicest guys you will ever read about and interesting too!
4.As Told by CatMan, The Rose Bandit Funny, strange and interesting! I love her stuff!
5. The Valentine 4: Living Each Day She is a mom extraordinaire and also lives in the Old Country – Edmonton. I quite like her yet we have never met. She is inspiring me to amazing things -check out her list!
So Congratulations to all the nominees and winners! ( secretly I don’t think it means anything but congrats anyway!!)
-The Edmonton Tourist