The time has come for me to put up or shut up.
About what you may ask? I have been thinking about it for quite a while and I smile when I see posts about it. But I have sat silently by to allow others to take the lead. I feel strongly enough to put my support behind this cause and dear readers, I ask YOU to do the same. It needs to be shouted from the roof tops people!
That’s right, I said it AND support it.
It is a well documented fact here on the Edmonton Tourist what a HUGE Muppet fan I am. Jim Henson being a tremendous influence in my life and all that …yadda yadda yadda…
So here is the moment you’ve all been waiting for…. without further adieu…. The Edmonton Tourist’s Top 11 reason the Muppets should host the Oscars! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay (insert Kermit arms here)
- Bill Conti could get the opportunity to work with the orchestra penguins. This would be a major coo for his career. The Muppet Theme Song would be so fantastic as the opening number!
- Stadler and Waldorf could give Red Carpet commentary! How great would their brand of humor be talking about the best and worst dressed stars? Who are we kidding, they would only talk about the worst dress stars…
- Miss Piggy would finally get her hour in the sun as the hostess. Think of how she would love the glamor of the evening! The gowns the parties! This is right up her alley, a dream come true!
- Muppet ensembles singing the Oscar nominated songs. who can forget this: The Muppets make ALL music better!
- The opening bit in the Oscars where the host – in this case Kermit – stars in funny snippets of the Oscar nominated movies. Kermit would be perfect with the other Muppets causing mayhem behind him!
- Pepe the King Prawn could give updates from back stage getting the recognition he finally deserves!
- Sweetums could be in charge of security.
- Swedish Chef is perfect for Craft Services!
- Gonzo and his girls could hand out the trophies!
- Who better then Sam the Eagle for the “In Memoriam” Tribute
- Having the Muppets host the Oscars would make me smile and in my daughters words “Epic”
Please support the movement and cause! Follow them on Twitter @MuppetOscars and on facebook https://www.facebook.com/MuppetOscars. Shout it from the roof tops and from Sesame Street! I need to see this happen. In the words of the Great Waldorf,
Waldorf: Well, you gotta give them credit… they’re gonna keep on doing it till they get it right.
They will, the Muppets have been practicing their whole lives for a show of this proportion. Let’s work together Muppet Style.
- The Muppets hosting the Oscars? (holykaw.alltop.com)
- Kermit to the Rescue? Campaign Launches for Muppets (Yes, Muppets) to Host Oscars (eonline.com)
- Could The Muppets Host The Oscars? (moviesblog.mtv.com)
- Should Kermit & The Muppets Host the Oscars? (justjared.buzznet.com)
- Billy Crystal beats off Muppets to host Oscars for the ninth time (100gf.wordpress.com)